Last year Cam Newton (+550) tore his way to win the Offensive Rookie of the Year ¬†while the ever-dapper Von Miller (+650) racked in 11.5 sacks to nab the Defensive Rookie of the Year. This year bookmakers have one clear cut front runner for the Offensive ROY and more evenness in the odds for the Defensive ROY.
Over the past 10 years a quarterback has won the¬†Offensive¬†rookie of the year award 5 times, running backs have won 3 times, and wide¬†receivers¬†twice. On the defensive side, linebackers have won a whopping 8 of the past 10 seasons with the two exceptions being Ndamukong Suh (DT, 2010) and Julius Peppers (DE, 2002).
2012-13 Offensive Rookie Of The Year Odds
|Andrew Luck - Indianapolis||+250|
|Robert Griffin III - Washington||+700|
|Trent Richardson - Cleveland||+700|
|Justin Blackmon - Jacksonville||+1000|
|Michael Floyd - Arizona||+1500|
|Brandon Weeden - Cleveland||+1500|
|Doug Martin - Tampa Bay||+2000|
|David Wilson - NY Giants||+2500|
|Coby Fleener - Indianapolis||+2500|
|Ryan Tannenhill - Miami||+2500|
|Stephen Hill - NY Jets||+2500|
|James LaMichael - San Francisco||+2500|
|Alshon Jeffery - Chicago||+2500|
|Rueben Randle - NY Giants||+2500|
|Kendall Wright - Tennessee||+3000|
|Brian Quick - Saint Louis||+3300|
|Alfred Alonzo Jenkins - San Francisco||+3500|
|Ryan Broyles - Detroit||+4000|
A few potential offensive value plays on the board look to be:
- Robert Griffin III (+700) – Has¬†arguably¬†better weapons/team than Luck.
- Kendall Wright ¬†(+3000) – If you were to go WR, we’d take the one with Locker as a QB instead of Gabbert.
- Doug Martin (+2000) – All reports point to Martin as the real deal & may have opportunity to shine against some soft NFC South defenses.
2012-13 Defensive Rookie Of The Year Odds
|Luke Kuechly - Carolina||+800|
|Morris Claiborne - Dallas||+900|
|Chandler Jones - New England||+1200|
|Fletcher Cox - Philadelphia||+1200|
|Dont'a Hightower - New England||+1300|
|Courtney Upshaw - Baltimore||+1300|
|Dre Kirkpatrick - Cincinnati||+1400|
|Mark Barron - Tampa Bay||+1400|
|Mychal Kendricks - Philadelphia||+1600|
|Harrison Smith - Minnesota||+1600|
|Dontari Poe - Kansas City||+1800|
|Quinton Coples - NY Jets||+1800|
|Casey Hayward - Green Bay||+1800|
|Stephon Gilmore - Buffalo||+1800|
|Janoris Jenkins - Saint Louis||+2000|
|Melvin Ingram - San Diego||+2000|
|Nick Perry - Green Bay||+2200|
|Michael Brockers - Saint Louis||+2500|
|Bruce Irvin - Seattle||+2500|
|Jerel Worthy - Green Bay||+3300|
A few potential defensive value plays on the board look to be:
- Dont’a Hightower (+1300) – Hightower will be starting on the Pats and will have an¬†opportunity¬†to shine against sup-par AFC East QB’s & teams.
- Chandler Jones (+1200) – Jones has been a beast this preseason, and should contribute to the Pats D in a major way this year.
- Courtney Upshaw (+1300) – Without Suggs, Upshaw could step right in and do some damage this season at the LB position.
All odds¬†courtesy¬†of 5Dimes.